Friday, June 12, 2009

Last night.

Usually, Thursdays and Fridays are my rest/recovery days, but this week I had to modify it. On Wednesday, I headed out to a middle school to run on the track. When I got there...the storm that wasn't suppose to get to Wylie for an hour was closing in. Just as I was about to get out of the car, Melissa called and said that there was lightning really close to the house and didn't want me out running. I thought that was a great reason to skip Wednesdays run.

So I ran last night to make up for it. On Wednesdays, I work on interval training. So I was suppose to do a 1 mile warm up, 2 x 1600m (l mile) at a fast pace with 800m recovery jog between each set, and another 1 mile to cool down. Well I did my warm up, followed by a fast-paced one mile run (8:00 pace). I did my 800 m jog, and started my 2nd fast mile. I got about 800 meters into it when I got a side cramp that brought me to my knees. I've had cramps in my side from running in the past but these were 10x worse than any other side crap I've had. I had to cut my run about 1.5 miles short. I was so angry at myself. Taking last week off from running really hurt me. I need to pick it up this weekend. To make up for crapping out, I am going to do a 2 mile run tonight in Texarcana (where the in-laws live) and 6 miles on Saturday. I just need to find a good place to run out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment